Volunteering is a great way to get plugged into your church, to feel like part of a community, and to serve Jesus at the same time.
God has uniquely equipped every person at Prescott Valley United Methodist Church with specific skills and gifts. As Christians, we are tasked with utilizing these gifts in our community and within our local church.
However, while many may want to give their time, it can be difficult to align schedules and balance other personal obligations. So, while the desire to volunteer may exist, people often run into roadblocks that prevent them from giving their time. Because it’s critical for PVUMC to be inclusive and provide a variety of opportunities so that everyone may volunteer if they wish to, we’ve put together a list of different volunteer opportunities that will help you engage in both creative and necessary ways.
- Usher (2): This person hands out bulletins, provides the location of hearing assistance devices, participates in collection, and generally assists members.
- Greeter (2):This person is at the front door to welcome incoming members and guests and record their names. It’s the ultimate welcome to have someone open the door for you and ask you how you are.
- Coffee Fellowship following Worship (2+): Prepare coffee, sets out goodies, and makes sure everything is ready before worship service. Fellowship typically lasts an hour, but clean-up can begin during fellowship time.
- Communion volunteer (1-4): Communion is typically provided on the first Sunday of every month. The Pastor needs volunteers to help set up communion trays, pour juice into cups, and provide bread. The juice and cups need to be restocked for each service, and the trays and linen are collected and cleaned.
- Church office volunteers: Our wonderful Administrative Assistant needs time off and willing volunteers are needed to fill in during periods of absence. It may be just to answer phones and take messages! Procedures are available but some training may be required.
- Cleaning Crew: Join the team who works Thursday mornings to keep our buildings clean and tidy. Vacuum, dust, clean restrooms, empty trash and more. A nice fellowship available for the crew following their work time.
- Christmas decorating volunteer:We call this “Hanging of the Greens”. This includes someone who enjoys good fellowship and trimming the entire church with Christmas cheer!
- Set up and tear down: This person is vital to help with events. Chairs need to be moved and stacked or unstacked (portable chair mover available), reconfigured layout of tables depending on the event. It takes many hands!
- Handyman: Someone who is great with a hammer and a screwdriver, enjoys making things work, and helping with special projects.
- Audio-Visual Team (AV): Do you like technology? Then this is the team for you! Run PowerPoint, broadcast on YouTube, run a camera, record the service, and more. Temporary fill-in help is also needed when team members are absent.
Refer to other committees and teams under our Leadership or ministeries pages.
To get started, complete and send the Contact Me page, or call us at (928) 772-6366.