Care & Nurture Team
Our Care & Nurture Team has been actively involved in the ministry of Congregational Care since 2012. We observe and celebrate special events in the lives of our church members and church friends…and, provide resources for the improvement of our daily lives. This ministry provides birthday and anniversary cards to our congregation.
Home Communion is provided by this caring group for persons who are not able to attend worship services. This is a very special time of service and connection, both for the servers and for those receiving at this special time.
Some of our events are as follows:
Nifty Nineties Recognition Event – This is a time of light refreshments and lots of conversation. Our attendees seem to enjoy being with each other, as many of them do not see one another very often. We also recognize new “90” members when they join this special age group.
Senior Connections Expo, held at Lake Valley School, has been a successful event and it provides PVUMC with more visibility in the community we serve. We greet attendees and discuss PVUMC with those in attendance.
Meet & Greet new and prospective members who attend an informal Q&A at PVUMC. This is a time of introduction to one another and to the function of our church.
Caring Stitchers is an informal group from the Care & Nurture Team who gets together to create donated items to help others. This group used to be known as the Prayer Shawl Ministry but has expanded to create more items to be donated to others.
Ongoing projects are:
- Knitting, crocheting, and sewing items for care homes and church members during illness or difficult times.
- Using plastic shopping bags to create sleeping mats for the homeless, which are distributed through Prescott UMC.
- Sewing “welcome bags” for Stepping Stones domestic violence shelter. These bags are filled with personal care items and provided to those in need of shelter. These bags are also provided to people who use walkers or wheelchairs.
- Lap blankets have been donated to the kidney dialysis center.
- Knitted hats, scarves and afghans have been donated to adult day care centers and to local care homes.
- Using plastic shopping bags to create shoulder holders for water bottles or hot bowl holders.
Our Caring Stitchers are currently making items that will be sold at our Holiday Bazaar and Bake Sale. The funds raised will be used to help with new projects for the Team.